Liberia made its entrance onto the Summer Olympic world stage at the 1956 Games in Melbourne, Australia. Since then, Liberia has attended EVERY Olympic Game, with the exception of the 1968, 1976, 1980*, and 1992 Summer Olympics. Liberia has sent a total of 42 athletes to the global competition (31 men and 8 women). The athletes, who have had the honor to represent Liberia are listed below.
- George Johnson, Edward Martins, Emmanuel Putu, James Roberts
- George Johnson,Alifu Massaquoi, Emmanuel Putu, James Roberts
- Wesley Johnson
- Thomas Howe, Edward Kar, Thomas N’Ma, Dominic Saidu, Andrew Sartee
- Oliver Daniels, Grace Ann Dinkins**, Augustus Moulton,Wallace Obey, Samuel Sarkpa, Hassan Tall, Nimley Twegbe (**first female athlete)
- Samuel Birch, Oliver Daniels, Tommy Gbay, Thomas Stephens, Sammy Stewart, Simeon Stubblefield, Nimley Twegbe, Melvina Vulah
- Sayon Cooper, Robert Dennis, Grace Ann Dinkins, Kouty Mawenh, Eddie Neufville
- Hannah Cooper, Sayon Cooper, Grace Ann Dinkins, Kouty Mawenh, Koiyan Morlu, Andrew Reyes, Paul Sehzue, Bobby True
- Gladys Thompson, Sultan Tucker
- Jangy Addy, Kia Davis, Siraj Williams
- Jangy Addy, Phobay Kutu-Akoi, Raasin Mcintosh, Kou Luogon, Levi Saryee
*The original post failed to mention the missed 1980 games. The correct information has been updated in this post.